Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Toms 25 Things

Tom was asked on Facebook to make a list of 25 things that he would like others to know about him. I hope he does not mind me posting his list on here, but I feel it is an important part of who we are as a couple and family and something that I would like to add to our family journal. I love you honey!

1. I love cheese.
2. I was voted "most likely to be a good parent" in high school...those fools.
3. My children are my heroes because well...see #2. It is nearly impossible.
4. My oldest daughter, Aliza, has Down syndrome. She has taught me so much about life that I didn't know I didn't know.
5. I have worked for two doughnut companies. Dunkin Donuts in high school and Krispy Kreme out of college...I can hardly say it myself with a straight face. I finally quit the day after narrowly missing the bridge abutment on Route 1 South when I fell asleep driving the delivery truck.
6. My favorite vacation was to the Cayman Islands. Watching the sun set while laying in the hammock with Kristin is a memory that is burned into my brain.
7. As president of my fraternity, one of my proudest moments was when we won Fraternity of the Year.8. I desperately want to be real friends with Joey, Rachel, Ross, Chandler, Monica, and Phoebe.
9. I was a sorority sweetheart for Alpha Sigma Alpha for 3 years...good times...
10. Ella is 2 and is a ray of sunshine. She's always up for a big hug and kiss. She loves to giggle but doesn't take crap from anyone.
11. I have never had chicken pox, broken a bone, was born without wisdom teeth, have no cavities, and short of getting a few stitches have spent no time in the hospital on myself. What I am trying to tell you is that I am genetically superior...(insert evil laugh here.)
12. I am one who believes that the grass is always greener on the other side. While it may not be true, I always like to see what kind of lawn mowers they are using.
13. I have a Masters degree in Education.
14. I'd like to hike the Appalachian trail but I hate camping.
15. I moved to Delaware for a girl. (not his wife!)
16. The root beer snarf is perhaps the most painful experience one could have outside of child birth.
17. I nearly passed out during Kristin's epiderral with our first child. Our other two children were delivered by midwives without pain medication. What a cool experience.
18. My son, Trevor, was diagnosed with a brain tumor two years ago. Total fluke that we even found it. We don't know what it means or what it's going to do, but in the meantime that boy never ceases to amaze me. He is an old soul and at 4 years old is the smartest kid I know.
19. I am too self consumed. I want to work harder at reaching out a helping hand to my neighbors and friends. No matter what you might be going through there is always someone who has it worse than you.
20. I have been white water rafting down the Gauley River twice. What a rush! One of our tour guides was named was Ric O'Shea (say it to yourself) pretty fitting, huh?
21. Most of my good friends have been so for almost twenty years. We don't speak to or see eachother as much as I would like but know that I think of you often and cherish the times we've spent together.
22. We have a boxer named Rufus Xavier Sasparilla but we call him Chase.
23. My sister lives in Philadelphia now and I really enjoy her friendship. She is an awesome force in the lives of my children and I am forever thankful for her.
24. One day we want to rent an RV and spend an entire summer driving across the country with the kids.
25. Kristin is the rock of our family. Everything I am and all that I have is because of her. My life would be broken without her.

No comments:

Post a Comment